How to create blu-ray disc?

Using FameRing products with DVB HD PVR, DV Camcorder, software media player, etc.
drose10

How to create blu-ray disc?

Post by drose10 »

I have been editing some high-def .m2ts files recorded using Hauppauge PVR HD. The resultant files play nicely on my Western Digital media player.

I cannot, however, import the Smart Cutter files into any blu-ray creation software. I have tried Sony DVD Architect and the free BD Movie Maker. Has anyone had any luck with some other software? Am I doing something wrong?
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to create blu-ray disc?

Post by admin »

Dear drose10:
Thanks for your concern.
import the Smart Cutter files into any blu-ray creation software.
Ever tried the Total Media Extreme?

We have several customers who created BD structure by this software and the Smart Cutter files.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
drose10

Post by drose10 »

Yes, I have tried TotalMedia Extreme (the version that came with my Hauppauge HD PVR recording box) and found that it only supports DVD, not blu-ray capacity.

I have instead switched to CyberLink PowerProducer, with good results.
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

Have you tried using the .TS file format instead of the .m2ts format? I think w/ the TME application, to create a HD disk on a DVD-R that plays on a Blu-Ray player, you have to use the AVCHD format in TME, which produces .TS files. A similar constraint may apply for those other 3rd party apps for buring a BR recordable disk.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

I'm using .TS files captured from my Hauppauge HD PVR, editing out commercials with Smart Cutter, then rendering to .TS

I've tried several things to burn a BD-R, with no joy.
1) Taking the trimmed .TS file into Adobe Encore doesn't do it - thinks it's an AAC audio only file.
2) Taking the trimmed .TS file into Sony Vegas doesn't do it - can't open Smart Cutter's file, but reads the original Hauppauge file just fine.
3) Total Media Extreme that came with the Hauppauge only burns AVCHD and DVD onto 4.7Gb DVD-R - worthless if you have an hour of 13Mbps AVCHD.

drose10, are you using CyberLink PowerProducer to burn BD-Rs with the Smart Cutter output?

Thanks
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

Your best tool is multiAVCHD.