Smart Cutter: sound fading

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
rdhoore108

Smart Cutter: sound fading

Post by rdhoore108 »

I think I have a real challenge for the programmer team:

I would like to be able to tell for each start point and end point if the sound should be:
- unmodified (as it is now)
- fading in (at a starting point) or fading out (at an end point)
- crossfading (should be specified both on an end point and on the next start point)

For each fade action, I should be able to specify how many seconds.

Examples:
- 5 sec fade at start point means at the starting point itself, the volume is 0, and it increases gradually until 5 sec later it is at 100%
- crossfade 5 sec on end point and 10 sec on start point means that the sound of the next part fades in 5 sec before the first part ends, and the sound of the first part fades out 10 sec into the second part, and both are mixed.

If you could get this together, with the same kind of "smart recoding", I think you would have a truly amazing product! (And we will be very impressed :) )
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter: sound fading

Post by admin »

Dear rdhoore108:
Thanks for all the nice suggestions you have posted.
I would like to be able to tell for each start point and end point if the sound should be:
- unmodified (as it is now)
- fading in (at a starting point) or fading out (at an end point)
- crossfading (should be specified both on an end point and on the next start point)
If you could get this together, with the same kind of "smart recoding", I think you would have a truly amazing product! (And we will be very impressed)
:D Guys, that surely is amazing, and it will be tough to implement. ;)
In addition to the audio fading, there is also feature request for video fading, such as fading in/out, even color keying. Some users even told us they want a time line in our products!
We totally understand that these are common ideas in video editing industry.
Actually video/audio 'filters' including fade is always on our to-do list.
The developers are really very busy recently. They are overloaded by tuning a new version. After we release it, we will talk to the developers about the video/audio fading and other feature requests.

Please keep on sending us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
famePete

Post by famePete »

Really love the idea of a crossfade option on cuts. :)
I don't know of any competing cutter software that does this.
Gets my vote.)
rdhoore108

Post by rdhoore108 »

Would the holy Santa happened to have considered our fade in, fade out and cross fade wishes ?? ;)

Today I again searched the internet far and wide for any similar software that could do fades combined with smart recoding, but nope... Really guys, you would be first!!!
bmc1313

Post by bmc1313 »

just purchased a couple weeks ago and i love this product.

please implement these features!! (audio/video fade options)