Audio Type Change

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
Battler

Audio Type Change

Post by Battler »

I'm very happy with the current features and performance of Smart Cutter but have one issue that occasionally causes problems

I often use a Hauppauge PVR to record cable or a video card for FTA transmissions. In both cases the audio stream can change as the transmission runs between advertisements and program or lead in past show previews and current show.

Smartcutter has been excellent at tuning audio stream around cuts for some time but its having trouble with the stream will changes say from MP2 to AC3 or from AC3 2.0 to AC3 5.1.

I get two resultant problems.

Most commonly I get a stream that starts with AC3 2.0. The header then shows 2.0 but the majority is 5.1. This would be fine except I often recode back from 1080p to 720p or less to archive and the audio stream does not convert correctly. The work around is check the edit with Mediainfo and shorten the edit by trial and error.

Less commonly I get a stream that plays correctly in the edited .TS or .M2TS file but has timing errors at the commercial breaks because the audio stream is jumping between types. The only fix is to bring the file into a video editing program and manually adjust the audio. Its tedious.

I have raised this suggestion before and hope it can be incorporated into a future release. I'm sure that I'm not alone with these issues.

Perhaps your programmers add a color bar under the audio track or a vertical Bar between the frames to indicate an audio type. It doesn't need to be complex just a visual clue to the user that the audio track has changed. With this tool you can more easily ensure you edit out spurious audio streams.

Thanks heaps and keep up the great work.
Its a brilliant product.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio Type Change

Post by admin »

Dear Battler:
Thanks for your message.

'add a color bar under the audio track or a vertical Bar between the frames to indicate an audio type.'
Will try as you suggested.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team