Precision Point Sliders

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
rgracie

Precision Point Sliders

Post by rgracie »

It would be a huge help if the current sliders, mainly the big one, had a Precision point and scale.

Here is a generic example

WBR
Robert
admin
Site Admin

Re: Precision Point Sliders

Post by admin »

rgracie wrote:It would be a huge help if the current sliders, mainly the big one, had a Precision point and scale.
Dear Robert:
Thanks for your advice.
The image is not displayed correctly.
Could you please send it to our email box? Thank you.
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
rgracie

Post by rgracie »

admin wrote:
rgracie wrote:It would be a huge help if the current sliders, mainly the big one, had a Precision point and scale.
Dear Robert:
Thanks for your advice.
The image is not displayed correctly.
Could you please send it to our email box? Thank you.
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team

I'm not sure what you mean, it can see it on my computer.. It's just a small (but long) screen shot of a generic slider... You really can't see it??

WBR
Robert
rdhoore108

Post by rdhoore108 »

I think I understand rgracie's reasoning. I just started using Smart Cutter, and while I like very much the result of all my work, I didn't find it easy to get there.

The idea of big and small slider is probably great for smaller videos, but not for longer ones. Because with the big slider I cannot navigate precisely enough (a tiny movement of my mouse moves a lot of video), while the point I need usually seems to be just outside of the range of the small slider. :roll:

And I have not yet discovered any way to move the range of the small slider.

The circular control on the right side is not very intuitive, at least not to me, I have not been able to end up anywhere I wanted with it...

Therefore, my request:

Double-clicking the small slider button should make the current frame the center of the small slider range (so that the small slider button is back in the center, but with the same frame). Edit: I just found out that clicking on of the small images will select that image in the center, so this is a good thing.

But truly wonderful would be buttons to search for scene changes forwards or backwards. That probably requires lots of processing (so should be abortable), but I'm sure the computer will find the exact position of a scene change (in my case advertisement) fast if I have positioned the big slider close enough.

Thanks for considering this!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear rdhoore108:
Thanks for your detailed description of the feature request.
But truly wonderful would be buttons to search for scene changes forwards or backwards. That probably requires lots of processing
This surely is a great idea. We have been working on it since long time ago. It will cost us much more time, say, months.
But we totally agree that this is a necessary part of the Smart Cutter since it is a video cutter.
The developers will keep on constructing it.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

admin wrote:Dear rdhoore108:
Thanks for your detailed description of the feature request.
But truly wonderful would be buttons to search for scene changes forwards or backwards. That probably requires lots of processing
This surely is a great idea. We have been working on it since long time ago. It will cost us much more time, say, months.
But we totally agree that this is a necessary part of the Smart Cutter since it is a video cutter.
The developers will keep on constructing it.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Wow, that´s a good idea. Never tought on this.

Carsten