Keyboard shortcuts

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
famePete

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by famePete »

There appears to be a distinct lack of them. Not even the arrows keys work for scrubbing the timeline. Am I missing something?
famePete

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by famePete »

Just bumping this up to the top. Any news, or info, on shortcut keys?
Hey-CharlieC

Post by Hey-CharlieC »

I agree that keyboard short cuts are priority.
mtp60

Post by mtp60 »

With all due respect, this feature has been repeatedly requested for years; it is time to stop making excuses. Your product is excellent, which is why I purchased it last night. Finally, something that can deal with horrible Hauppauge Colossus recordings. However, clicking buttons wildly just to get to the right cut is an annoyance that just about every product does. C'mon guys, as a developer, I KNOW you know that adding an accelerator table to your app will take under an hour to implement and test. Please listen to your users and at the same time, make your app 100% friendlier for all. Thanks!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I want Keyboard shortcuts for the most important functions, too.

I want to put the following thoughts up for discussion.

In my opinion the most important functions are:

- go to next frame, go to previous frame (shortcut arrow left or right)
- go to next 12 (?) frames (half a second), go to previous 12 (?) frames (half a second)
(shortcut shift arrow left or right)
- go to next 24 (?) frames (one second), go to previous 24 (?) frames (one second)
(shortcut STRG arrow left or right)
- go to next ?? seconds, go to previous seconds (shortcuts in different combinations of
STRG and ALT shift arrow left or right)
- new in- and new out-point (shortcuts i and o or ( and )).
But I think i and o are better because the letters are "speaking": i for in-point and o
for out-point and there are onely "one" key. The others were a combination of keys.
- go to the last or next in- or new out-point (shortcuts shift i and o)
- and it loks like a good function to use the mouse wheel forward or backward jump
frame by frame.

maybe these are different options or personal preferences, these could be saved in Smart Cutter

Then could be saved automatically the cut files named by filename (filename.mp4) and a added ending like "bth" for batch to "filename.bth".

And the cutted file could be also saved automatically named by filename and a added ending like "filename.cut.mp4".

When it would be possible to add a real batch-mode, it were be fantastic.

This means: I am loading a videofile, make the different cuts and add the cuts (and the files) to a batch-file, load the next videofile, make the different cuts and so on.

When there are some files in the batch-list, then the cuts will done by Smart Cutter at one go and I could go to drink a coffee. ;-))).

It would save time I think.

What do you think about that.

Carsten
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Carsten:
We now enabled shortcuts in our new version.
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

+++keyboard shortcuts:+++
Open File (CTRL-O)
play / pause (space-bar)
New Start and New End Point ([ ])
Go to Start and End Point (Alt-[ Alt-])
Go to user specified time code (CTRL-G)
Forward and Backwards 1 frame (-> <-)
Jump Forward and Backwards (Alt -> Alt <-)
Long Jump Forward and Backwards (Alt-UP Alt-DOWN)

Drag And Drop supported, better drop on the vu meter area
-----------------------------------
Please try it on your end.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Carsten:
1.'This means: I am loading a videofile, make the different cuts and add the cuts (and the files) to a batch-file, load the next videofile, make the different cuts and so on.'
2.'When there are some files in the batch-list, then the cuts will done by Smart Cutter at one go'

Actually this is exactly what Smart Cutter is doing now.

Suppose you have multiple movies to cut, then you could do it by so:
1.open the first movie, define a pair of start point and end point, then define another pair of start point and end point, and so on. You can define multiple segments by so of one source movie on the current time line. As a result, there will be multiple blue rectangles indicating them on the time line.
After you defined all the segments you want in the first movie, click 'Add Batch', then this movie is the first item of the batch list.
2.do the same thing to the second movie, it will be the second item of the batch list.
3.do the same thing to other movies... there will be as many items in the batch list.
4.now click 'Start Batch', all the batch items will be transcoded with this one mouse click.
5.done.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
pvc101

Post by pvc101 »

It's very nice with the keyboard shortcuts, but unfortunately some of them does not work on a non-US keyboard,
i.e. [ ] alt-[ alt-], that's because square braces are Alt-Gr keys on my Danish keyboard, and then nothing happens.
What about using the "home" and "end" keys ?

..and by the way, what happened to the "12" suffix un saving files. Now it can be a little hard to sort out, which files are source files and which are output files.
Mayby it could be user selected? I should like a suffix like: "Trim"

rgds Palle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Palle:
Thanks for your message.

'[ ] ... Danish keyboard'
Will the key '8' works? We saw a '[' under it on Danish keyboard. And a ']' under key '9'.

And how about the 'Alt' on the left side of the SPACE bar?

' "12" suffix'
Now we use [0], [1], [2] ... as the suffix.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
pvc101

Post by pvc101 »

Thanx for yr reply,

Unfortunately the 8 / 9 keys does not work either, nor does left Alt or Right AltGr, or any other combination of Alt/AltGr/Ctrl/shift. :-(

My recording device: DVBViewer does use the same suffixes [1],[2], etc when filename already exists. This might happen when recording series where episode number is not included in the title, that's where the confusion sets in.

rgds Palle