Quality rating of TV-recordings

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
MikeA

Quality rating of TV-recordings

Post by MikeA »

Is it possible to rate the quality of TV-recordings? If you have duplicate recordings, it would be nice to know which recording to save and which one to delete based on the quality of the recordings without actually watching both shows. With quality I mean number of corrupted frames etc.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Quality rating of TV-recordings

Post by admin »

Dear MikeA:
Thanks for your message.

'Is it possible to rate the quality of TV-recordings?'
'With quality I mean number of corrupted frames etc.'
Technically practical while not easy to implement.
Though you can do it without watching the show, but you will still have to decode the video stream to find corrupt frames. It is hard to count the corrupt frames, even when there is only one corrupt frame, if it is a key frame, then many frames dependent on it will be wrong (but not corrupt).

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
MikeA

Re: Quality rating of TV-recordings

Post by MikeA »

OK. It was just an idea. Some kind of picture recognition software might do the job.

I uploaded a small clip where robots are digitizing and recognizing the huge TV and radio archive of YLE (The Finnish public broadcasting company). They have 250.000 hours of video material and 500.000 hours of sound material in their archives. It's impossible to go thru this archive manually. In the video you can see how the robot can recognize many details in the film, but can not yet recognize who is the singer (Olavi Virta's first film appearance). The recognition software is made by Aalto University in Helsinki.